Lead is a highly toxic metal that produces a range of adverse health effects particularly in young children. From about 1940 – 1978 most of the homes built contain lead paint or lead based paint
There are many ways in which humans are exposed to lead. Some can be in the drinking water from certain types of plumbing materials, it can be deposited on floors, windowsills, eating and playing surfaces, or in the dirt outside the home and can enter the body when you breathe or swallow lead particles once it has settled.
The most vulnerable to lead exposures are fetuses, infants, and children. Lead is easily absorbed into growing bodies and the tissues of small children are more sensitive to the damaging effects of lead.
Exposure to lead is measure by the levels in the blood, excessive levels can cause brain damage, impair hearing, vomiting, headaches, and affect a child's growth.
Call us today for a free estimate!